Saturday, October 11, 2008

On Snorts

We love to read around here.  While we were in Thailand in June, we picked up a couple Dr. Seuss Beginner Books such as "Ten Apples Up on Top" and "Are You My Mother".

In "Are You My Mother" a newly-hatched bird tries to find his mother who has gone to find her little one some food. After asking a kitten, a hen, a dog, a cow, a car, a boat, and a plane if they were his mother, the little bird finds "a big thing". He asks the "big thing" if it is his mother, "But the big thing just said, 'Snort.'"

With all of the construction for the new metro going on in the capitol, there are many such "big things" around. Lil Pumpkin saw one a couple days ago and said, "Look, Mommy! A snort!" It was one of those moments when you think, "My kid must be the cutest one in the whole world!" :)

5 comments:

  1. Without a doubt - so very cute!!


    And way to go Shanti - good reading and thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! That is so cute! :) How fun :)

    And yay! for the metro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife, whom I love, occasionally snorts when she laughs.

    At which point I usually say something like, "You're not my wife, you're a snort"... in honor of this great literature.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Are You My Mother?" was Isaiah's favorite book for about a year...we LOVE it. We read it almost every night for a LONG time. :) He got to pick a book out for me to read to his class at school one day, of course it was this one, and all the kids were fasinated. (of course, part of that could have been the white momma reading to them) :). Its a classic....

    So glad the paper dolls worked! I've gotta do some for the boys...laminating for sure! I thought when I looked at them that it would mean lots of cutting time...maybe a good project evening tv. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails