Monday, December 22, 2008

On Driving


Traffic in this city is nothing short of chaotic. Because of this (and the fact that I am scared to death of killing someone!), I have chosen to refrain from learning how to drive here. So, except for the two week time period we were in America a year and a half ago, I have not driven in nearly three years - until today.

This morning, I actually drug my lazy bones out of bed at 5:45 am to be ready to go "practice" by 6:30. My hubby took me out to a place with much less traffic to help me get used to driving again, driving on the left side of the road, driving a standard where I have to change gears with my left hand, and driving with bicyclists, pedestrians, motorcycles, cars, dogs, cows, goats, and monkeys to avoid running into. I drove all the way home without injuring a soul! I did dodge a mother dog and her puppy into a large rock that scraped the bottom of the car, but, hey - I had to choose - rock or dog. Which would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. haha That's funny. I didn't drive the whole time we were there, and before coming back to the States, I had nightmares about driving - seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Shannon! Good job!! :)

    Much braver than I would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In India....I would so choose the rock! There are way too many nasty dogs in that country! You are much braver than I was and I am very, VERY proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails