Monday, December 15, 2008

On Living in a Place Where I Would Sometimes Rather Not

Below is an excerpt of the December 4th devotional for the Jesse Tree (from Reformed Church in America):

"Sometimes God asks us to do things that are hard to do. ... God asks us to go places and do things we'd rather not do.

God asked Abram ... to leave behind the place that Abram called home. But in return, God made promises to Abram.... that Abram would be blessed by God. Abram still had problems and struggles, ... but God kept all of the promises made to Abram. ..."

Living overseas (in a place where I would sometimes rather not be), I can completely understand Abram's struggles. But this devotional reminded me that the Lord keeps his promises and he blesses us through our obedience.

Another reminder came to me through a Charlie Hall song I was listening to recently:

"Oh, oh, we are your fuel Lord. Oh, oh, set our hearts in a blaze. Oh, oh, wherever you say we'll go, Lord. We'll take up our cross and suffer loss for the sake of your name."

You can (and you should) listen to the whole song here.

1 comment:

  1. Joel's Window!! What a great album, I would suggest that people listen to the whole thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails