Saturday, December 6, 2008

On "Working Out My Own Salvation"

I recently started subscribing to daily devotionals from My Utmost for His Highest. The devotion for yesterday was entitled The Temple of the Holy Spirit. Here are a few excerpts:
  • "I am accountable to God for the way I control my body under His authority."
  • "Salvation is as eternal as God’s throne, but I must put to work or use what God has placed within me. To 'work out [my] own salvation' ( Philippians 2:12 ) means that I am responsible for using what He has given me. It also means that I must exhibit in my own body the life of the Lord Jesus, not mysteriously or secretly, but openly and boldly."
  • "We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not naturally inclined to do them."
This was an especially good word for me today - I've had a pretty sour attitude all day. So I stop and ask forgiveness and continue seeking "to work out my own salvation".

To subscribe to daily devotionals from My Utmost for His Highest, visit this website and click the RSS feed image (which looks like this: ) in your address bar.

To read the entire devotional for yesterday click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails