Sunday, January 11, 2009

On Living in India

I am often asked what it's like living in India. My most recent response:

Well, since you asked...

we have monkeys that run through our yard every day, cows that eat our trash, donkeys that haw outside our gate early in the morning, pollution that turns our boogers black, and a language we don't completely understand surrounding us constantly.

But...

we have beautiful textiles, gorgeous village sunrises, wonderful friends, once-on-a-lifetime-travel-the-world opportunities, and changed hearts because of a constant dependency on Jesus.

So, I guess it's all worth it.

7 comments:

  1. I agree. India was definately part of Gods plan my sanctification. Making me depend on Him more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping by my blog! How do you know Heidi? She's great!
    Your blog is so interesting--I'll follow it through my google reader.
    Thanks again--and blessings!

    -glenna-

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like there's never a dull moment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenna,
    I "know" Heidi via her sister Kara. Thanks for the compliment on my blog. I had already added your blog to my reader as well!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails