- Fill a 3 quart pot with water about 3/4ths of the way.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- Add 1 or 2 chopped onions
- Add 4 chicken quarters or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours
*****Edited to add the following: At this point, add more water to refill the pot and add one more Tbsp chicken bouillon.*****
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups milk
You can serve it with cinnamon apples to make it even more like you're dining at Cracker Barrel. And then throw a triangle peg game on the table and you've got yourself the real deal, y'all!
You can freeze any leftovers to enjoy it again next week without all the work!
Let me know if you try this.