Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

This week for Tot School/Preschool, we tried out an idea from over at Totally Tots for the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. And even though we didn't even read the book (because we don't own it or know anyone around that does, nor are there libraries to check it out from), I was able to read the first line to Little Punkin' and Sweet Pea from the preview on Amazon, and they have both been going around saying, "Chicka chicka boom boom!"

It's quite catchy.

So, we got out the alphabet cookie cutters and the playdoh. I drew a wonky palm tree on some poster paper and let the girls have fun racing their playdoh letters up the coconut tree. They had a lot of fun! Little Punkin' even said, "Ready, set, go!"


And, since the temperatures have been sky rocketing to over 100 this week, they took an opportunity to swim in their old pool inside of the new pool. We decide to throw in some animals and pretend it was Noah's ark.


Another keep-cool method we used was to enjoy plenty of smoothies and popsicles!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun pool! I love that they are in that little pool in the big one! That is hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could let them watch the video of "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" on your computer (if they are allowed). Here is the address http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DED4aZ3nAnw8&ei=xrPWSdPoN4ujtgfAkr3hDw&usg=AFQjCNFc_LyAHa2h3sYDJ2R9nYf_rw8OhQ

    ...or you can click the link in my tot school post if you need to.

    It looks like everyone had lots of fun outside. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just saw your blog for the first time from 1+1+1=1, and I wanted to say hello! I'm and MA in Marriage and Family therapy serving in Russia with my family. I understand the predicament you mentioned about no libraries and not have the book to read for an activity!
    Where did you get your MS? There are so few MFT programs out there. I'm excited to get to know you a little bit. Please feel free to email me, if you would like.
    By grace,
    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. 100 degrees I'm jealous we have snow today :(...thanks for the pictures of some sun shine and warm weather ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails