Monday, June 22, 2009

On Sanctification

I've been listening to several John Piper sermons this week that would be totally worth your time:

And Jessica @ Making Home wrote a beautiful post on the role of mother.

As I have been reflecting on what Jessica said, what I've been reading in Sacred Marriage, what Piper shared and what we've been studying in church, the Lord has being teaching me a repeated theme:

God calls us to marriage and motherhood and even to a place or vocation to make us holy, not happy - to sanctify us.

So we should look at each moment as part of that process of sanctification, even when we must suffer or endure trials. All things work together for good (Rom. 8:28). That's the good - our holiness.



This post is part of What I Learned This Week. To read what others have learned or to share what you've learned this week, be sure to visit Musings of a Housewife.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Shannon. Last week, I just started listening to Piper's series on Psalms (from last year) while I weeded the garden during naptime, and I've gleaned so much from it. I'm now looking forward to listening to the sermons you suggested. (because those weeds are STILL calling!)
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Very beautiful way to look at marriage and motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails