The night before, I look over both girls' course of study. I fill each cubby with one subject or activity, including everything needed for that task.
The next day, during "school" time, Lil Pumpkin takes everything that is in one cubby out and we sit down and work on the activity together. When we are done, we put it in a pile on the floor and go to the next task. Right now, her course of study is as follows:
- Read-Alouds, History, Social Studies, and Science: Sonlight P4/5
- Math: Letter of the Week math suggestions (I have a document that contains only the math suggestions if you are interested - I can email it to you) and some ideas from ABC Jesus Loves Me 4 year old curriculum
- Fine/Gross Motor Skills: ABC Jesus Loves Me
- Bible: DK Children's Everyday Bible
- Phonics/Learning to Read: The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading (We don't do this everyday because she gets frustrated and overwhelmed, so I'm keeping it down to one or two days a week for now and finding other fun ways to practice reading.)
In addition to this 30 minute to 1 hour time slot of "school", we learn throughout the day in natural ways such as baking, playing outside, chores, and just simple questions that come up - we take the time to explore the answers.
What do you do to organize your preschooler or toddler's learning time?