Friday, August 28, 2009

On a Granola Recipe for the Crockpot

Since I've been thinking about menus, I wanted to share another recipe with you. This is one I'm pretty sure I got from Jessica's food blog, but I can't seem to find it again, so, if you can find it, let me know (or if you're reading this, Jessica, can you leave the link in the comments, please?) Crockpot Granola
  • 1 cup of oil or melted butter
  • 1 cup of honey
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 6 cups of oats - not quick cooking
  • 1 cup of coconut (optional)
1. Make sure you keep the cover of the crockpot cracked or off. Cook on low for 5 hours or until brown, stirring occasionally. The more frequently you stir, the finer the consistency. If you prefer clumpier granola stir less. (Or leave the lid off of the crockpot and cook on low overnight, being sure to stir often while you're still awake.) 2. Add raisins, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips...whatever you desire after the granola is ready. 3. This is delicious as a hot or cold cereal, as a snack, a topping for yogurt or made into granola bars. I made this a couple nights ago and we had it for breakfast the next morning without adding anything (not even the coconut because I didn't have any. It was delicious just as it is (although coconut would have made it even better, and Lee suggested adding nuts)! Even the kids wanted seconds. :) The bottom was a little overcooked I think because I used a smaller crockpot, so today for snack, we sprinkled it on top of our yogurt at snack time. YUM! If you don't have a crockpot, you must get one! For those of you living in Asia, crockpots for 240 volts are available in Thailand (at Central in Bangkok) and are relatively inexpensive. Well worth the money investment because of all the time it can save you. Crockpots are your friend! Do you have any crockpot recipes you could share? (Preferably recipes that do not contain prepackaged items or pork or beef.) Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try it today - sounds great! As far as crockpot recipes go, I love this blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    The author used her crockpot every day for a whole year and posted all her recipes. Hope you can find something useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried the recipe and I'll never buy granola again! It was wonderful! I cooked some granny smith apples and ate it together and it was like an apple crisp - so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails