Thursday, October 8, 2009

On Some Books




I just wanted to give a quick update on some books I've been reading.  Here's the list and some very brief thoughts:

  • For Matrimonial Purposes by Kavita Daswani
    1. My sister-in-law picked this book up for a couple bucks because the Indian theme caught her attention.
    2. It was an easy read but has some bad language in it.
    3. Daswani hits on some deep cultural issues related to marriage that gave me a better understanding of Hinduism and Indian women.
  • Dorothy Carey: The Tragic and Untold Story of Mrs. William Carey  by James R. Beck
    1. I'm in the middle of this one and it is quite intriguing (checked it out from OBU's library).
    2. I totally understand why she went crazy.
    3. I think India can do that to a person.
  • Life's Healing Choices by John Baker
    1. We're going through this study in small groups at church.
    2. The author is the one who started Celebrate Recovery.  The book is based on a sermon series by Rick Warren.
    3. So far, so good.  (We're only on chapter two.)
  • Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom
    1. This is the study that the women's Bible study at church is working through.  I decided to jump in last week even though they had been meeting for 4 or 5 weeks.  I caught up in a week...
    2. Some serious repenting was done by yours truly in a matter of days because of the Spirit using this study.
  • Intimate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About S*x by Linda Dillow and Lorraine Pintus
    1. I needed to read chapter 1.  
    2. That's about all I'm going to say about that.
    3. For more information on the book, click on the link.
Wow.  That was choppy.  Anyway...just wanted to share some good reads.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Intimate Issues... yeah. It's a great read. :)

    And that Seeking Him study-- I can't tell you how many times I've picked it up, looked at it, and haven't felt ready for it. It looks really challenging and normally I'm up for a challenge... maybe I'll have to add it to my Amazon cart soon and have it sent on with whatever package comes next.

    :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails