Friday, November 20, 2009

On Her Birthday: Dinner Party The Pioneer Woman's Way

We continued the birthday celebrations by making some incredibly high-calorie foods from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

Our menu consisted of Twice-Baked Potatoes (I doubled the recipe and used white onion instead of green):

Fryin' the bacon


Bakin' the potatoes
 

The remaining ingredients
 

All ready for the potatoes
 

Skins
 


Baked and ready to serve
 

And since I knew I would not have a chance to make Chicken Fried Steak in India (since cows are holy, there's no beef in that place), and because it's Lee's favorite meal, we also served up some of this incredibly delicious stuff.

The lineup
(steak rounds, egg and milk mixture, flour and spice mixture, and an empty plate)
 



Stacked up and ready for fryin'
 

Lee did most of the frying for me
(He says I have only made chicken fried steak for him once since I've known him and that was 10 years ago.  He's probably right.  This stuff is messy to make!  And I'm not a big fan of cooking meat.)
 


Chicken Fried Steak, waiting to be served

Dinner is served!


I know you're asking yourself, "Where are the veggies?"
I was asking myself that same question once I realized I forgot to steam the broccoli.  Oops.
No sense in adding to the caloric content with vegetables, now is there?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails