Friday, November 20, 2009

On Her Birthday Party

My little one turned one yesterday.   
What?!  My little one turned one????
I can't believe how quickly they grow.

It seems like just a few months ago we were bringing her home from the hospital, waiting for the nurse to deliver the bilirubin light to the guesthouse where we were staying in the capitol.  They don't normally do such things in India.  In fact, we were the first ones they had ever allowed to have in-home care of a jaundiced infant.  {My husband is amazing like that!  He can convince just about anyone to do just about anything.  He's been told he should have gone into sales.}  Since that time, the hospital where I delivered little Sugar Plum has begun in-home care for other patients whose babies need treatment for high bilirubin levels. 

But now, a year later, I glance back and the entire year is a quick flash.  A mere breath blown into the air.  But I look ahead at the years to come, praying the Lord will grant many more wonderful moments in America like birthdays, trips to the library, and visits to the pumpkin patch, and celebrating holidays with family.  And many more memories in India making flat bread with women villagers, chasing goats down the street, and scaring away monkeys from out of our backyard.

 The birthday girl

Nana and Poppy (my parents)



Poppa



Meema
 

Aunt Shell

 

Party blowers!
 
 
 

The birthday cake
 


Yum!

Presents







Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little one! Our son's first birthday was yesterday (11/19) as well!
    ;-)

    In Christ, Talya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talya,
    That's great! Is he your first born?
    Happy birthday a day late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Jyoti! I was shocked when you said she was 1, too! She's so cute with her ponytail. :) She looks a lot like Shanti.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails