Friday, December 11, 2009

On Selfishness

"Do you have any idea how much I have had to give up?  Do you know how much I have had to sacrifice?  There are so many things I have wanted to do that I haven't been able to because I have had to give that up for you."

Yikes.  Do you hear the selfish tone in that?

That is what I heard someone myself saying yesterday.  And I realized, all of the things I have had to give up are a good thing.  It's the way the Lord is using marriage to weed out all of that selfishness in me.

There's a lot more work to be done on this selfish heart of mine.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Me, too, Shannon! God is so good to give us husbands. Mine is like a little chisel chipping out the selfish nooks of my hearts. And he doesn't even mean to! For es: He had no idea he was eating my plan for tonight's family mea. I shudder to think what a self centered brat I'd be by now if I was single. (I'm a little bit that way as it is--living in a house with 4 people and 2 dogs!)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails