Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On My Favorite Christmas Music

Do you read the online magazine or blog Exemplify?  {If you don't, I'm not sure I can be friends with you anymore.  Ok...just kidding, but it really is that good.}  It's full of encouraging thoughts and biblical insights from women who are seeking after the Lord.

And I just think the editor, Kristen, is delightful.  Right now she's hosting a Christmas playlist link up on her blog which is a really fun idea so I figured I might as well join the fun since it gives me an excuse to talk about three things I love - Christmas music, Third Day, and adoption.

What in the world do those three things have in common?

On Third Day's album, Christmas Offerings, the last titled song, "Merry Christmas" is about adoption.

It has become one of my favorite Christmas songs.  Here's why:




Well, I can't stop there.  So when you're done blowing your nose and wiping your tears, here are some other favorites:
  • O Holy Night
  • Go Tell It On the Mountain
  • Breath of Heaven
  • Labor of Love
And even though it's not a Christmas song, I really like the movie "Nativity" so I'm going to list it here too.  I even found a video of "Labor of Love" set to scenes from the Nativity for your enjoyment.

Touching.  Powerful.  Moving.  (Especially if you're a Jesus-lovin' momma.)





What about you?  What are your favorites?


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. So thanks alot for making me cry, no, ball like a little baby. Very moving and inspiring. I am ready to hop a plane to China and bring home every little baby I can get my hands on.
    Oh, and I checked out Exemplify, I think I'll be revisiting them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! I had to stop this part way through because I'm at work and was on the verge of bawling!
    I'll have to try again at home... with a big box of tissues!

    and I LOVE Exemplify. One of my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HG - Guess I should have prefaced this post with a statement along the lines of "DON'T READ THIS WHILE AT WORK because you'll cry." :)

    Amy - I guess that means we can still be friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shannon - how beautiful. Both the song and the Nativity. I love your top picks!

    And you know, I think you are just as delightful, don't you?!

    Merry {almost} Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.my.goodness.

    I have chills from head to toe. I'm adding Nativity to my Netflix immediately.

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I forgotten about Go Tell It On the Mountain? You have single handedly saved Christmas in my house.

    Ok, you win. These are awesome. Blessings. I have to go and get Kleenex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness gracious. Third Day's Christmas cd is one of my very favorites.

    Unfortunately, I can't access youtube right now, but it looks like those are some heart-tugging videos. I will have to check them out when I can.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, by the way, I love your blog! Adding it to google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your list -- I greatly enjoy Third Day's CD, as well as Nativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very touching~Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that song Labor of Love gets me every time!!

    I adore Third Day...and their Christmas album is awesome!

    You are way fun and I LOVE your bloggy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You gals are so sweet! :)

    Melissa Lea - have you been able to watch those videos yet?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Just found your blog via the Mykituks. I think I'll be following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad I read the comments before I watched the video, will have to watch it from home! My favoite Christmas song is O Come All Ye Faithful. Love it.
    Love the new look to your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails