Monday, December 7, 2009

On My Portion

A nice warm bowl of maple pecan oatmeal complimented with french vanilla coffee on a cold winter morning was a wonderful way to start the morning.

A gooey, grilled cheddar cheese sandwich for lunch, an apple, and a glass of skim milk made for a filling lunch.

For dinner, my amazing husband made chicken fajitas served on warm tortillas.  A glass of water to wash it down.  Ahhh! 
Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." (John 6:35)


Three meals a day, and I'm satisfied.  Three times a day to fill up with Jesus is not enough.  I've got to fill up with him like I breathe.  I need to stay on my proverbial knees constantly - moment by moment.  Or.I.can't.survive. as a mother, a wife, or living overseas.

This is my confession that I need you, Jesus. 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  (Psalm 73:26)
When was your last Jesus-feast?  What is he teaching you?

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. SO nice to meet you Shannon! I found you over at Wylie's blog. I love encouraging other women also.

    The Lord is teaching me about contentment and finding joy solely in HIM.

    Hugs,
    Traci

    I'll be back often :-) I'm now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you help me, I'm trying to figure out how to put a badge on my blog. I'm still so stupid when it comes to this stuff.
    And thanks for making me hungry! =) But I love the reminder of filling myself with Jesus. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci,
    Those are life long lessons, aren't they? Keep seeking Him.


    Amy,
    What kind of badge are you trying to upload? I'd be glad to show you how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Shannon.

    I was in Europe for 5 years and then we married and we were in North Eastern Uganda for 3 years (only 1 1/2 years for me in Africa though!).

    Your blog looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a book reviewer for Thomas Nelson, and I need to put their badge on my blog. But I can't figure out , if I get a gadget, which one to do that? Is it Html java script?
    Oh, and I haven't quite got the hang of the tortillas yet. I used shortening this last time, but I can't figure out how to get them perfectly round, keep the edgest from cracking, and I dont' think I'm rolling them out thing enough. Anyway, I think I need to watch someone make them sometime. Or just keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails