Thursday, February 4, 2010

On My Taste Buds

This has to be one of the easiest recipes in the world for maple granola.  I've made it, oh...about 3 times in the last week.  Thanks for sharing it, Jess!  And if you don't have maple syrup, you can make your own fake maple syrup from scratch using this recipe.

And I wanted to share a little trick for all you coffee drinkers.

My friend Natalie taught me that if you put a little bit of cinnamon (about a teaspoon) into your coffee grounds when you are making a pot of coffee and stir it around, it gives your plain, cheap coffee an expensive, specialty coffee flavor.  YUM!  [That's great news for those of us who have to carry our specialty coffee all the way to the other side of the world in a suitcase.]

Try it.  You'll like it.  Or my name's not Momma. 


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. :) Glad you enjoyed it. It's a favorite around here too... for the ease and for the crunchy tastiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another easy coffee-fancy-upper - if you have access to grated coconut, it makes some really yummy coffee when brewed with the grounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Emily! That sounds delicious! I will have to try that tomorrow. Or maybe this afternoon...I don't know that I can wait until the morning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried putting cinnamon in my coffee grinds once, but it ended up clogging up the pot, and needless to say I just ended up with a huge mess!

    Soo, maybe I possibly could have put a little too much cinnamon in there! :o)

    But I've found that it's much easier to just have your sister and brother-in-law send you specialty coffee in the mail half way around the world than to just carry it with you. You should give it a try some day!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails