Friday, March 5, 2010

On Photocards

Last week I finally did something I had been wanting to do.

My girls are adorable, I know {I'm not bragging.}  And everyone else around here thinks so too.  People are constantly asking (or not asking) to "take their photo".  It's pandemic - especially since everyone and their dog has a mobile phone with a camera.  It can be very paparazzi-like at times.

Needless to say, the girls are sometimes overwhelmed and have been known to throw fits or end up crying, which can really kill the spirit of a fun family outing.  They have come to a point where they absolutely do not want their picture taken.  In the past Little Punkin' would not even allow me to take her picture.  We've had to talk through that one a lot. 

So, I decided to do something about it.  Call it an intervention.

I chose a picture of all three of the girls, and I wrote up a short paragraph that tells what their first names are, what their names mean, and a few verses that tie in to the explanation of the meanings of their names as well as the Good News. Then I printed out several copies and threw them in the diaper bag.  That way when someone comes along and wants to whip out their mobile phone camera, I just slip them the photocard and everyone is happy!

[photo by Michelle Jones]



To those of you who know what I'm talkin' about when I say it's like the paparazzi -
What do you do when the mobile phone camera comes out?


Photobucket

3 comments:

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails