Thursday, March 18, 2010

On Exodus 17:8-15 Continued


Continuing from my previous post...

Let me ask you something: were Aaron and Hur out on the frontlines?  Nope.  If they had left their positions of holding up Moses's hands, the battle would have been lost.  When we leave our positions as wives and mothers for something else, we lose.  We all lose.  Our husbands lose.  Our children lose.  The nation loses.  The Enemy wins.  

Here's what I'm not trying to say:  I'm not saying you can't leave your house.  I'm not saying you shouldn't work outside of your home.  I'm not saying you should only homeschool your kids.  These are all decisions that each family should make based on their own study of the Scriptures and leading of the Holy Spirit. 

My point is this: Don't mentally check out.  Keep your family first.  When you're in the middle of something (work or hobbies), always be willing to stop doing it to take care of your family.  I'll be honest with you.  There are times when I'm really good at this and there are times when this is a big struggle for me!  But, the Lord is gracious and just as He did for Moses, He will keep your hand steady until the setting of the sun if you are resting on Him, the Rock





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shannon! Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really easy to get caught up in other things and miss important tachable moments with our kids. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your encouragement, ladies. You bless!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails