Sunday, April 4, 2010

On Our Easter Tree

I grew up with an Easter Tree in my house.  It was always a way to bring a bit of Spring inside after the cold of winter.  I wanted to carry on this tradition in my own family, but I wanted it to help us focus on the significance of Easter.



We used the devotions and accompanying art from Ann Voskamp at A Holy Experience. I printed the art in black and white, taped them onto some white cardstock, punched an eyelet into them, and tied some purple Tibetan yak wool yarn through them.  We hung the ornaments on a branch I broke off from the tree in our front yard, and we planted the branch in a clay pot filled with sand.  

And it has been a wonderful way to focus our hearts on the meaning of Easter.



I think traditions are important.  They are a way that we tell our children the stories.  The stories of our lives.  The stories of those who have gone before us.  And the most important story of all - His story.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love this! So beautiful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a hand flower corsage in there too? _Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom always had an easter egg tree :) So fun! Great additions to the tree :) fun!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails