Thursday, May 20, 2010

On Being a "J" and a "P"

I used to think it was a wonderful blessing to have a "J" personality (Myers-Briggs) - to be so organized and scheduled and on top of things.  After all, doesn't the saying go something like,
"Cleanliness and organized shelves are next to godliness,"?  
How can anyone function without lists and labels and schedules anyway?  

But, for me, it also means I am much less patient when things are not organized or there are interruptions to my schedule.

So, maybe those people with a "P" personality are a little closer to godliness... :)

Living in India, there are constant interruptions throughout the day, and an added measure of grace and patience are necessary for me.  And so, while I still cherish my label maker, I try to allow the Lord to change me and make me a little more patient - a little more of a "P" than a "J".

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." (Ephesians 4:1-3)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails