Saturday, October 30, 2010

On a Leaf Wreath Craft

My friend introduced me to Homemade by Jill a couple months ago.  As soon as I saw her glitter wreath, I knew I wanted to make one when fall finally came.

I used my Stampin' Up  ornament punch and turned the upside down to look like leaves.  That saved me a ton of time so I didn't have to hand cut a hundred leaves!

I wanted to let the girls be part of the crafting, so I made a glue and water mixture, let them apply the glue with a paintbrush, and sprinkle some glitter on the leaf punch outs.


Then I hot glued the leaves onto a wreath I made from some cardboard, added a bow, and here's our final creation:

(Not quite as pretty as Jill's, but it brings a bit of fall to our home!)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think it's beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I LOVE this idea! How pretty! Tell your girls they did an amazing job... their Mom did too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is adorable and your family is beautiful!

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this wreath and so hope I make sure we make this here in our home!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails