Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm convinced an omelet is just a glorified version of fried eggs.  

I've tried for years to make omelets.  They always end up as scrambled eggs with cheese and vegetables thrown in.  They taste fine, but they always look, shall we say, less than appealing.

But on Sunday I finally made a decent looking omelet!  Even my husband noticed.  His exact words were, "Wow, Hon!"

I was so excited that I finally made some pretty omelets that I took a picture.  (I'm a dork, I know.)
 

This meal is goin' down in the history books - well, at least the scrapbooks.

I think the key was using just enough oil and using a rubber spatula to fold and flip.

Do you have any other tips on how to make a decent looking omelet?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. oo yum that omelet made my mouth water :-) I am not the egg person in the house.. my husband makes a mean omelet though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I make the perfect omelet? Give the job to my husband! (lol) We've been married seven years and he does all the frying (eggs, hamburgers etc.) I only recently figured out pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. This one lady was telling me that when she makes omelettes for a crowd, she drops a beaten egg or two into a plastic ziptop bag for each person, adds their fixings to the bag, and then drops the bags into a pot of boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. Apparently, they get the right shape and doneness that way. Never tried it, but I might try it one brunch day.

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/omelet-in-a-bag/detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lizzy! I've heard of that before. Never tried it though. I did make omelets for dinner tonight though, so it's funny you posted this comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails