Friday, November 5, 2010

On a Harvest Themed Sensory Bin

I made a new sensory bin for the girls this week.  And as far as my mind can remember, I came up with the theme all by my little lonesome.  :) 

It's a harvest themed sensory bin.
Though the girls call it "the garden".

So what's inside?
  • red beans
  • black lentils
  • yellow lentils
  • dry coffee grounds (gave it a yummy smell and the look of dirt)
  • cinnamon sticks
  • Melissa and Doug velcro vegetables - a carrot and a cucumber
  • plastic corn
  • plastic pumpkin
  • Plan Toys "daddy" doll on a popsicle stick to serve as the scarecrow (and when popsicle stick is removed, he has also become the farmer).
After the photo above, I added a packet of tomato seeds with specific instructions not to open the packet (because I'm hoping to plant them in our garden next year).  The packet makes a fun sound when you shake it.  I also added a mini sand sifter and mini rake.

Sweet P thought she would dump all of the "dirt" into this lid, 
so I had her practice writing her letter of the week - L.

Sugar P loved the little scarecrow/farmer doll.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails