Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On the Origin of "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus"

One of my favorite hymns is "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus".  We even had this hymn sung by a Nepali friend at our wedding.
 

But over Thanksgiving, I learned something new about the song.


The song originated in India!  

The text reads,
"Words, st. 1, 2, as sung by the Garo Christians; st. 3, John Clark.  Tune:  ASSAM, Folk Song from India...."

We then had the privilege of hearing some Garo Indian brothers sing this song.


Absolutely beautiful!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I really likethe snow flakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo I agree on the snowflakes and I love the video Beautiful voices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, gals! I like the snowflakes too. :)

    Probably won't be seeing any for real this year, unless we decide to trek the mountains while I'm 8 months pregnant. That most likely won't be happening though!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails