Thursday, November 11, 2010

On Our Thanksgiving Branch

We've had a Thanksgiving tree for the last couple years.  For some reason, I really like trees as a way to decorate for holidays - Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving...  There's something about a branch that draws my mind and heart back to the cross and the Creator.

Normally, I select a branch from a tree, bury the bottom part in a pot of sand, and hang the leaves from the smaller twigs on the branch.  This year I tried something a bit different: I hung a small branch on the wall using nails and some ribbon then hung the leaves from the branch.


Four of the leaves have a Bible verse reference written on the back.  Each Thursday of November we choose one leaf and read the verse that is referenced.  Each verse reminds us to be thankful.  
Today we read Psalm 69:30:
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! Such a great idea....I might copy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks beautiful! What a fun way to decorate and celebrate the holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails