Saturday, November 20, 2010

On A Recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes

Since becoming a mother, traditions have become something I really appreciate.  Pancakes have sort of become the traditional birthday breakfast around here.

Yesterday, I wanted to make pumpkin pancakes for Sugar Plum's birthday, but I didn't have a recipe.  So, I adapted a recipe for banana pancakes from Betty Crocker and here's what I came up with:


Pumpkin Pancakes
From the kitchen of Shannon
@ seekingtoglorify.blogspot.com
 (adapted from Betty Crocker)
 

Ingredients:

2 large eggs
2 cups flour
2 cups milk
2 cups mashed, cooked pumpkin
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil

2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon


Heat griddle over medium heat while mixing ingredients.  Beat eggs.  Combine all ingredients just until smooth.  Pour ½ cup of batter onto griddle for each pancake.  

Cook until puffed and dry around edges.  
 
Flip and cook until golden brown.  
 
Serve with maple syrup (and coffee if you'd like).

And, to make things easier for you, I made a recipe card that you can save and print.  Enjoy!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I know it sounds weird, but I had a ton of squash that my family gave me from their garden, and I needed to find ways to cook it before it went bad. I decided to try squash pancakes - substituting squash in this recipe for the pumpkin. To me, they were delicious - tasted just like pumpkin. Anyway, just an fyi, in case you decide you don't want to mess with a pumpkin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to know, Emily!

    I bought a huge pumpkin the other day and had my helper cut it up and pressure cook it. I made these pancakes and still have 12 cups of pumpkin left! It's all in our deep freezer now, but maybe next summer when there's no pumpkin around I could try squash or zucchini...?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails