Friday, December 24, 2010

On Mary's Thoughts from My Perspective

You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will call His name Jesus. Luke 1:31

"If you had been Mary how do you think you might have responded to this pronouncement...?"  (Beth Moore's Jesus: 90 Days With the One and Only)

Really?  I'm going to have a baby?  But how could that be?  How can I get pregnant if I haven't ever been with a man before?  Is there some other way to conceive that my mom never told me about?  I'm so confused.  

Surely the vision I saw of this angel was just a dream.  I'd better get some sleep before I start seeing things again.

But what if it's true?  People are going to start saying terrible things about me once I start showing.  Their going to think I'm a tramp.  And I'm not!  It's not fair!!!  I'll lose all my friends!  Oh no - even worse - Joseph will probably divorce me thinking I've done him wrong.  And all the plans I've been making for our wedding will have been a complete waste of time.  

But - what.if.it.is.true?  The Messiah is coming!  The long awaited Rescuer is finally coming!  And Yahweh has chosen me - a silly, emotional, girl - to be His mother.  Why did He choose to send His Son to this little town, Nazareth - to a sinful, naive, girl like me?  No one would have ever expected this!  What a wonderful God He is!  I'm just a simple girl.  And He is allowing me to have a front seat in the coming of the Savior!

Yahweh, give me the power to serve you as you will.  I can't do it in my own strength.  Help me.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails