Sunday, March 13, 2011

On God's Gentle Reminders in My Life This Week

I've been struggling with laziness/exhaustion/new baby adjustment/feeling overwhelmed with mothering 4 children 5 and under.  Call it what you may...but it's not good.  I've been cranky and annoyed when the kids or my husband ask for help.  Not all the time, but definitely too many times.

So, I prayed.  I asked the Lord to change my heart.

I've seen Him working!  

When I'm in the middle of arguing with my husband, I've heard His voice remind me of the Proverbs that says, "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife." (25:4) And, "A continual dripping on a rainy day and a quarrelsome wife are alike; to restrain her is to restrain the wind or to grasp oil in one’s right hand." (27:15-16)

When I start to think of all the other things I'd rather be doing than cleaning up after the kids or all the things I "need" to get done but can't because I have to do something for a family member, I've heard His gentle reminder:

"This is your calling.  Don't forget that what you are doing - serving your family - is what pleases me, and it is what you are called to do."

I hope you are hearing His voice this week too.  What gentle reminders is He giving you?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder.. I need to remember that this is my calling and a choice I have made.. that I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so there with you! Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I've struggled. Poor Jude is only on week 9 of PreK, and has only learned 9 of his letters, while his brothers are on week 31.
    I know it's just a season though, and it is my greatest task!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails