Sunday, March 27, 2011

On Week 20 of Homeschooling - Space!

While Daddy was traveling this week, I decided to take a week off from our regularly scheduled RRSP and Letter of the Week curriculum.  Our theme was space.  We had so much fun!  It gave us a chance to review a couple of letters and introduce a few that are coming up. 



Everyone got in on the fun of our space sensory bin.
Scooping black lentils into glow in the dark planets with a silver spoon


 And we even had astronaut ice cream! 
(My parents brought it when they came.)
It's "made from real ice cream".

The girls really liked it, though you can't tell in the picture because they weren't happy that I made them wait to try it until I took their picture.

 We made galactic placemats by dipping star shaped cookie cutters into paint.
And I laminated them.  I think they turned out so cute!

 Spell Out Loud and Homeschool Creations have some cute space printables.
I printed in black and white and meticulously colored these, laminated them, and then glued them to magnets.  Sweet Pea and Sugar Plum arranged the numbers in order. 
(The numbers are actually from a Thanksgiving pie matching printout I made from Musings of Me.  Less work and printer ink if it can be reused!)



We had such a BLAST, but we didn't even get through all of the activities.  So, we'll probably be carrying the theme on through next week too!  


Be sure to check out more preschool posts at the Preschool Corner.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea about the cookie cutter placemats!! GREAT idea! Love how you find so many ways to use those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! I love the placemats and the sensory bin looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, every time I see Lil Pumpkin, I think that she looks more and more like you!

    Looking forward to seeing pictures of all three of her birthday parties!

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the star placemats! Looks like you had a great space week!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails