Thursday, April 14, 2011

Best of the Birthday Photos

Little Pumpkin turned 6 last week!  
Since her party was on Saturday but her actual birthday was on Friday, I made strawberry pancakes for breakfast, topped with strawberries, homemade whipped cream, and homemade maple syrup, put a candle in it, sang "Happy Birthday" and let her blow it out.

On her actual birthday, I hosted a henna party - we learned how to make henna designs that tell stories from the Bible. 

This design tells the story of the narrow road which leads to heaven and the wide road which leads to destruction.  The henna is black until it dries and flakes off and dyes the skin a brownish-orange.

Sweet Pea's design tells the story of creation.

My design tells the story of the Prodigal Son.

Little Pumpkin chose her party theme - Ancient Egypt.
(I promise I had nothing to do with the idea!)
I decided to incorporate the plagues, so the snacks included:
Gnats 'n Flies - popcorn
Fruit the Locusts Missed - watermelon and grapes
Frog Tongues - cucumber and green pepper slices
Nile River Water - red juice and 7Up

My husband helped me make this amazing pyramid cake!
White and chocolate cakes layered with butter cream frosting and coated with caramel frosting.
It was super sweet to say the least.


The kids had a race to see who could wrap their partner up as a mummy the fastest!
Way fun!

Walking like Egyptians

Blowing out the candles

This was her gift from Mommy and Daddy.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. All very cute pictures. I love the story henna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday!! That cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos, seems like your daughter had a beautiful birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails