Thursday, April 21, 2011

On a Season of Evaluation

If I could define the season I am in at the moment with one word, the word would be "evaluation".

Over the past month, I've...

...scoured through homeschool curriculum, books, and plans, evaluating what is best for my children, our season as a family, and our personalities.

...discovered character weaknesses in my children, and, in the process, in myself.

...searched the Word, parenting books, and websites for godly counsel on bringing up the four children I have been gifted.

...questioned my role as wife, mother, ministry partner, daughter, sister, friend, blogger; wondering how it all works together and still leave time for sleep.

...re-re-organized my prayer life, devotional time, homeschool schedule and curriculum, daily routine, rules, and expectations.

...wondered if some recent past decisions were made based on emotional instability rather than on a solid foundation.  And then wondered how I could wonder.



The World English Dictionary defines "evaluation" as
1.  an act or instance of evaluating or appraising
2.  (especially in medicine) a diagnosis or diagnostic study of a physical or mental condition

and "evaluate" as
1.  to ascertain or set the amount or value of
2.  to judge or assess the worth of; appraise

As we approach the Cross, I'm reminded that Christ is my judge...that He has already set my value as worthy and Christ in me is the hope of glory.

And in this season of evaluation, I assess all things in the shadow of the Cross and the glory of the empty grave because He is infinitely worth every area, nook and cranny, of my life.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails