Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bean Mosaics

Lately, we have been studying about ancient Greek history, and this week we've been focused on Caesar.  Yesterday, the girls made mosaics using beans - an idea I got from The Story of the World Vol. 1 Activity Book (which can be downloaded here.) 

Materials we used:
  • Cardstock (or file folders torn in two)
  • Glue
  • Beans and Chick Peas
  • Bowls

I wanted to make this craft as simple as possible, so for the younger two I asked what they wanted their design to be, then I drew the design on the cardstock with glue for them.  I gave them each a bowl of beans and let them stick the beans onto the glue design.  Little Pumpkin (age 6) made her own design with the glue and was able to work independently.  They all really enjoyed this! 



 From left to right, clockwise: Sweet Pea's giraffe, Little Pumpkin's sunflower, 
Sugar Plum's flower and cloud


Photobucket

1 comment:

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails