Friday, July 20, 2012

On the past 9 months

After 9 months of silence in blog land, I figure I have a lot to catch you up on.

In November, we had an amazing Thanksgiving celebration with friends gathered at our house and I printed this and made this:

In December, I hosted a baking class for a few Nepali women, I finished up my Esther Bible study and made Haman's ears, we celebrated Daddy's birthday, we had a wonderful time handing out homemade peanut butter fudge and New Testament Bibles to our Nepali neighbors, and enjoyed celebrating Little Boy's first Christmas.




Right after Christmas, we hopped in a taxi, got in a fender bender on the way, rode across the Himalayan foothills to the border of India, crossed the border by horse cart, loaded a train for 14 hours, and spent the month of January in Varanasi, sharing Jesus with old friends and supervising a group of college students as they taught English in a village school.









We also celebrated Little Boy's first birthday and Sweet Pea's 5th with a joint candy shop themed birthday party.





At the end of January, through an unfounded series of events, we experienced a crazy Hindu festival complete with dancing in the streets and flame throwing and had to take a 13 hour taxi across the Indian subcontinent on my birthday. 



And the first week in February, we attended a homeschooling conference just outside of Delhi then returned to Nepal.

In March, we celebrated Holi in the neighborhood, and enjoyed the girls ballet performance of Cinderella (Little Pumpkin was a flower, Sweet Pea was a mouse, and Sugar Plum was a butterfly).




In April, we took a quick 4 day trip to Delhi to tie up some loose ends, shared the story of Easter with a Montessori school by making Resurrection Gardens, we celebrated Little Pumpkin's 7th birthday, said goodbye to friends and sold all of our belongings (including our sweet doggies) to move back to the US for at least two years.









In May, we arrived back on American soil just in time to celebrate my dad's birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. 


 We spent the months of May and June living with my parents while trying to figure out what the Lord had in store for us.  We ended up renting an awesome 88 year old house in an historic part of town.  It was a humungous blessing from the Lord!  Now we are waiting to hear about the next step of faith God has in store for us.  And, I gotta say, it's a difficult stage to be in!  But that's where He's got us. 

And we're turning the page on the next chapter in our lives.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about you! Welcome back to the states! I will be praying for your transition and waiting for God's next step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome "back"! I know exactly what you mean with it being a difficult stage. But He is faithful and will be in this one as well. I am excited to follow your journey these next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I sure appreciate your prayers and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails