Thursday, July 19, 2012

Reflections on Luke 5


After Jesus preaches a sermon from Peter's boat, he tells Peter to cast out into the deep.  Peter was probably exhausted from fishing all night, disappointed in catching nothing, and worried about where his next wages would come from.  Not unlike how I have been feeling.

This was his calling to follow Jesus.  At this point, I don't think Peter knew Jesus was the Messiah.    Yet, Peter believed enough in the Teacher, he obeyed.  And because of his obedience, he caught the catch of his life!  How overwhelmed he must have felt to bring in so many fish!

Do I have enough faith?  On this side of history, I know Jesus is the Messiah.  So, when he tells me to give some money to the homeless man on the corner when I'm not sure how I'm going to pay the bills, or to trust him to provide a place for my family to live, or that he will provide for all of our needs, do I believe him?  Or am I too tired, too disappointed, and too worried? 


I hope I set the example for my children in believing God.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails