Monday, July 23, 2012

Reflections on Proverbs 31:25

These words really stood out to me today:

"Her clothes are well-made and elegant, and she always faces tomorrow with a smile. When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly. She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy and productive." (Proverbs 31:25-27; The Message) 

I have a tendency to view buying clothing for myself as frivolous spending.  But verse 25 got me thinking that it is important to wisely choose clothing that will last, is modest, and looks elegant.  I noticed that it does not say the wise woman has a closet full of clothes, rather it would be wise to have a small selection of well made, beautiful, modest clothing.

What do you think? Are nice clothes frivolous? With an eternal perspective, do you think it matters?

Come back tomorrow for some more of my thoughts.


 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. To be completely transparent - I struggle with judging those who spend frivolously. God has been teaching me a lot this year that for many things, there aren't hard and fast rules, even though I try to make them up for myself and others! I never thought of this verse in that context, but it's a great idea to think on.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails