Monday, November 12, 2012

On Gift #33

A gift found in Scripture - 2 Peter 1:3 "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence..."

I can remember back to when my Sweet Pea was about 5 months old, in the heat of the summer in Varanasi with temps soaring to 120 F and power outages stretching up to 18 hours a day. I was at a deeply low point. Often feeling as if I couldn't do this - this suffering - anymore. A friend shared with me her heart. She was experiencing comparable feelings. But she had treasured this hope - that God has given us all we need for life and godliness.

And we are to live in that. At those desperately low times we can - we must - find our hope in the knowledge that he has given us all we need for life. For godliness. He is all we need.

When I am weak and heavy-burdened, knowing God is my only hope. Knowing him more intimately is the way out of my wandering wilderness. The hope I found in this verse is a hope I return to again and again. And I'm grateful. Grateful for this gift found in Scripture.

Find more lists here.

1 comment:

  1. I just cannot tell you how much I enjoy you blogging!

    And this in particular was very encouraging!

    Love,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails