Monday, November 12, 2012

On a Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup Recipe

Last year around this time, I discovered the joys of homemade pumpkin spice lattes, thanks to the ingenuity of my dear friend Ashley.  Alas!  I have moved to the other side of the ocean where it costs me five bucks to enjoy one from Starbucks.  And Starbucks pumpkin spice latte is bland compared to the richness of Ashley's pumpkin coffee syrup.



In a desperate move, I purchased some pumpkin spice creamer.  And it was delightful.  And much cheaper than a coffee shop latte.  But this morning I found that my stash had run dry.  So, I searched for a recipe online.  I found two recipes but wasn't quite satisfied with them, so I tweaked them and created my own recipe.  And it is more thrifty and tastier.  Here it is for your sipping enjoyment:

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Syrup
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 4 Tbs pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
  • 1 Tbs cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.  Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.  Boil 10-15 minutes.  Let cool before adding to storage container.  Strain if desired.  Add 2 Tbs to your 8 oz coffee mug.  Add coffee and a dash of milk.  Sip.  Smile.  Glorify Creator of all good things.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails