Friday, December 21, 2012

On Gift #77 - Simple Gifts Amidst the Chaos

There is an ache in my heart for simplicity, a longing for my children to appreciate beauty in the smallest joys. We are in a season of change which entails long hours where I feel as if I am neglecting my children to pack boxes, fill trunks, sort out the unneeded or what just won't fit into luggage bound for South Asia.

There are moments amidst the chaos that I cherish, want to remember, and I give thanks.

Sugar plum, sleepy eyes, just waking, in my arms whispering words to song, "Christmas is such a happy time."
Sweet Pea raising purple toy asking, "Can we give this to another child to enjoy?"
Little Pumpkin hoping for snow. 
Little Boy delighting in the simple, yellow balloon. 






  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, glorify the Lord, proclaim his goodness. I'd love it if you did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails